My name is Saira Ashfaq. I'm a student at Ahuntsic college.I I'm currently studying to become a radiologic technologist. I'm in my second year and I love it . This glossary is for current and future X-ray technicians like myself to help us with a few terms that we use while working in this field. Sometimes we have a hard time saying the words correctly or fully understanding their meaning. My goal is for you to understand the true definition of the vocabulary you're using in your day-to-day life. This glossary will help you do so. The method I used to find the words and their definitions was from Oxford Languages on Google. Furthermore, I've added an audio file for each of the 20 words in this glossary. What I want from you is the following: Start by understanding the meaning of the word, and then begin employing it in sentences with the help of the audio to pronounce it properly.
magnetic resonance imaging
noun
A form of medical imaging that measures the response of the atomic nuclei of body tissues to high-frequency radio waves when placed in a strong magnetic field, and that produces images of the internal organs.
Example: She had an MRI scan to check for any spinal injuries after the accident.
A photographic or digital image of the internal composition of something, especially a part of the body, produced by X-rays being passed through it and being absorbed to different degrees by different materials.
Example: The doctor took an X-ray of my arm to see if it was broken.
A digital system used in the healthcare industry for storing, retrieving, managing, and transmitting medical images like X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs. It replaces traditional film-based imaging systems.
Example: Archive your pictures on PACS.
fr: PACS (Système d'archivage et de communication d'images)
Secondary radiation that spreads in different directions from a beam when that beam interacts with any substance, such as body tissue, a wall, or a table.
Example: Secondary radiation can be minimized by using lead shielding to absorb scattered radiation during X-ray procedures.
Fluoroscopy, informally referred to as "fluoro", is an imaging technique that uses X-rays to obtain real-time moving images of the interior of an object.
Example: Fluoroscopy is used to guide the placement of a stent in the patient’s artery.
fr: fluoroscopie
stretcher
noun
A framework of two poles with a long piece of canvas slung between them, used for carrying sick, injured, or dead people.
Example: The radiologic technologist carefully positioned the patient on the stretcher before taking the X-ray.
An instrument for measuring blood pressure, typically consisting of an inflatable rubber cuff which is applied to the arm and connected to a column of mercury next to a graduated scale, enabling the determination of systolic and diastolic blood pressure by increasing and gradually releasing the pressure in the cuff.
Example: The rad tech checked the patient’s blood pressure with a sphygmomanometer before performing the X-ray.
Comments
Post a Comment